Sunday, February 13, 2011

Why Does It Still Hurt When He Fingers Me

Tempura vegetables and shrimp noodle salad

To accompany noodle salad, the Daring Cooks offered us to make tempura. Because I thought the salad was complete in itself, I preferred to make a different meal with tempura.

I went with more traditional toppings, opting for shrimp, zucchini, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and snow peas. Our favorite zucchini, by far! Not that the rest was not good, but the zucchini had a flavor and a texture unrivaled.

I wanted to take my masterpieces on camera but my camera battery was discharged earlier in the afternoon, while visiting Dorwin Falls in Rawdon. I will leave you with one of the last pictures I took before preparing my tempura!

2 servings

Tempura Batter:

1 / 2 cup flour
1 / 2
cornstarch 1 / 2 teaspoon baking soda 1 egg yolk

1 cup water
an icicle

Note: I left a lot of dough. It could be just half the dough recipe.

Toppings: 8 large shrimp

26-30 raw, shelled
1 / 2 sweet potato slices 2mm thick
8 mushrooms sliced neighborhoods
1 small zucchini into sticks
A small handful of snow peas, trimmed
1 liter canola oil

Sauce:

2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons soy sauce 1 dash of vinegar

rice 1 / 4 cup cold water

Prepare the sauce. Mix all ingredients and adjust to taste. Book.

Prepare the dough. Mix dry ingredients then add egg yolk and water. Whisk to a paste with coarse lumps. Place the ice cube in the batter. The dough will be quite liquid. Heat oil

to about 320 ° F (I go to the eye because I'm used to, the tempura is done at a lower temperature than frying usual from what I read ... and what I did! ). Dip pads in tempura batter and place into hot oil a few pieces at a time. Fry for few minutes until lightly browned but not too much (unless the usual fried). Drain on paper towels. Remove the pieces of dough floating in the oil before you fry other ingredients. Serve warm and dip in the sauce (we eat directly on the stove to not miss, hehehe!).

0 comments:

Post a Comment