Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Where To Buy Monogram Dixie Cups

Reading Challenge 2011 - Summary January

This challenge, I saw him today at Zolasoleil but it comes from the blog a free woman. The concept is simple: they are challenged to read 52 books during the year one per week, across all categories. Of course, you can cheat and read only the Boule and Bill and we ended up after a week, but the goal is, in my opinion, tend to encourage people to read, on the one hand, and to discover new books. Since I love to read, but rather the discovery side that interests me. The biggest challenge for me is to reach the 52 pounds because I tend to read blocks of 800 pages. I should compensate with shorter works!

And this challenge falls just right because I just asked for suggestions for reading my list of Facebook friends lately. I had a whole bunch of suggestions. I should not run out of inspiration throughout the year!

In January, without knowing that this challenge existed, I read:

For the fourth or fifth time I read The Two Towers (Volume 2 of Lord of the Rings) by JRR Tolkien, a just because I like it but mostly because when I have nothing more to read, I began to reread the trilogy Loop The Lord of the Rings and The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. The Two Towers begins with the last scene of the first film: the battle against the orcs on the banks of the Anduin, where the community is separated from the ring. The first part of the book concerns adventures of Merry, Pippin, Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli in Rohan while in the second part we find Frodo, Sam and Gollum on their way to Mordor. Tolkien was a genius of language. Not only has he created a world (Middle Earth), but he also created the language of the elves and dwarves. His style is descriptive, which may seem cumbersome to some, but he knows how to use to create powerful images, which is very important when creating an imaginary world. For those unfamiliar with the genre, I suggest starting with The Hobbit, but for those who liked the movie, he must read the books! 472 pages.


When I was little, my father had the entire collection of Asterix. Any? No! Some titles still holding out against the invaders! I knew by heart the Tour de Gaul or Asterix and Cleopatra, but we did not Asterix in Switzerland! So I enjoyed my first visit to the village library (first time in almost two years, I am hard ...) to lease the Asterix. And I praise all the others I have not read it yet! This comic reads in 30 minutes if you take your time and look at the pictures. The story is simple: the duo has to go pick a flower, the edelweiss in the mountains Switzerland. What I remember from the book: it should never escape from the piece of bread in melted cheese! 48 pages.

Last night I started The Taste of Young Girls Dany Laferriere, an author who was recommended to me by a friend. To date, we are in the 70s, Haiti. For now it is light, fresh, relaxing setting. I love it!

If you wish to join the challenge, it's not too late! This is a free woman visiting and tell him that you join the movement!

0 comments:

Post a Comment