Sunday, February 13, 2011

Best Thermal Compounds



This month, the Daring Cooks offered us to make a salad with Asian noodles and tempura. The basic proposal was with soba noodles but I did not find any near me. So I opted for a salad with ramen.

I must admit I am biased towards the ramen. First, they often serve as basis for soups way too salty. Then I find they lack personality. I think that anything based ramen, it sounds flat. Well I was wrong. Really wrong. To be honest, I totally loved this salad! The noodles are holding up well (I was afraid they were soft and sticky), the peas bring the green, crunchy peanuts, shrimp softness, freshness, and coriander sauce is simply irresistible.

I used a recipe from my book Cooking for change by Anne Willan (Collection Marabout kitchen side). I should also use this book mostly because it contains a wealth of interesting recipes and heavily illustrated (each ingredient and each step are imaged).

2-3 people

100g ramen unseasoned
125g snow peas, chopped green onions 2

a handful of roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
A large handful of fresh coriander, chopped 225g prawns
26-30 flood

Sauce:

1 inch fresh ginger
1 / 4 teaspoon sambal oelek
2 cloves garlic 2 teaspoons
of
sugar 4 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon soy sauce
4 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil

Prepare the sauce. Peel and finely chop the garlic and ginger. Mix with remaining ingredients. Book.

Cook noodles as directed. Drain. Let cool. Mix with the sauce and refrigerate for 1 hour ideally allow flavors to blend.

Hull the peas and blanch in salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water. Cut the fish into three pieces and reserve.

Peel the prawns and cook quickly in a shallow water. 2-3 minutes is enough. Drain. Book.

Mix all ingredients and serve chilled or at room temperature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment