Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mini Dv To Vhs Tape Adaptor

kings

I know, I'm a little late. Day of the Kings was on January 6. I am convinced that very few of you celebrate this holiday (including me) so I console myself.

Epiphany, or Epiphany, is best known in France than in Quebec. On this occasion, several types of cakes can be prepared according to region. The cake of kings (the bun) is typical of southern France. It is shaped into a crown, it is water perfumed with orange flower and is decorated with candied fruit and sugar. Usually, there also hides a bean (the one who finds the bean is the king!) But since I am alone to eat my cake, I did not put.

I am inspired by a recipe the Kitchen of Annie I have slightly amended following the comments. First I put a lot more sugar and because my dough was extremely sticky, I lessened the amount of butter ... I already had enough trouble at work before adding the butter! Regarding is decorated with sugar, I used maple sugar to make a smaller version of Quebec.

In the end, I found my rather ordinary bun. In fact, it is not toasted brioche. It has a texture mietteux cake with a crust a little dry. Not that it's bad, it's just whatever. I do not know if this is the recipe or method that is at issue. Maybe I added too much flour. Finally ... it will allow me to eat the jam that I received for Christmas!

10 servings

330g flour 1 teaspoon baking
fast (8g)
130g sugar 4 eggs

130g salted butter
room temperature 1 tablespoon of orange flower water
1 tablespoon rum
100g candied citron (candied fruit or other choice)
2 tablespoons apricot jam
maple sugar to taste
a dry bean, if desired

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and yeast. Make a well in center and add the eggs, orange flower water and rum. Mix well and knead dough for 5 minutes. Add flour as needed (a lot in my case ...). The dough should come off the bowl and no longer stick to your hands too. Then add Cut the butter into small cubes, preserved fruits and beans.

Cover dough with a clean cloth and let rise about 1 hour or until doubled in volume. Deflate the dough

and knead 30 seconds. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 4 hours or overnight.

The next day, rework the dough slightly. Three times, flatten with a rolling pin and then fold it in four. Kneading lightly into a ball and then make a hole in the center. Enlarge the hole to get a crown. Make sure the center hole is large enough because the dough will expand while cooking. Few incisions on top for garnish, if desired. Let rise about 30 minutes.

Bake at 375 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Let cool.

Heat jam in microwave with a few drops of water and brush the cake. Paste the sugar all around and garnish with candied fruit if desired. Cut into slices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment