Thursday, January 20, 2011

Mario Salieri Streaming Film

Lentil and quinoa

Since the beginning of January, Foodnetwork full of new issues including that of Melissa D'Arabian who is to cook meals for four people at least $ 10. In the first episode I watched, she made this simple salad made of a packet of ingredients I have in my pantry and to which I have not touched for ages.

I slightly modified the recipe to make it more attractive to me, especially by reducing the amount of lenses in half (I'm not a fan and it was just perfect for me) and adding tomatoes, lime juice and cilantro much more. Although this dish is very good, easy to make and inexpensive, I notice two things. First, there is a little bitter that I dislike so much that I attribute to the lime zest (my zester had taken the little white skin of the lime I guess). So I would remove that ingredient. Also, I find it lacks one ingredient to the experience of flavor is complete. I suggest either of diced avocado, or the Supreme oranges, or why not both.

4 servings

1 / 2 cup of quinoa
1 / 4 cup brown lentils
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 / 4 cup olive oil (at taste)
1 / 8 teaspoon garlic powder
zest of one lime and half its juice (only juice next time)
Salt and pepper to taste 1 shallot
French
1 tablespoon finely chopped tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (at least 4 times more for me!)
1 tomato, diced

Rid foreign lenses, rinse and cover with water. Bring to a boil then simmer over low heat about 30 minutes. Drain and cool. Book.

Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, cover and reduce heat to low. Let stand 12-15 minutes until all water is absorbed and the white germ is released. Cool. Book.

In a large bowl, the dressing ingredients and then add the shallot, tomato and cilantro. Add the lentils and quinoa cool. Mix well. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment